Fujifilm Connection Guide
Welcome to the Fujifilm connection guide! The process of connecting Cascable Transfer to your camera is usually very simple. This guide will walk you through the steps.
- Before We Start
- Disabling Image Resizing On Your Camera
- If Connection Attempts Fail
- Connecting Cascable Transfer to Your Wi-Fi-Enabled Camera
Before We Start
- Make sure your camera is supported by Cascable Transfer.
- Check that your camera’s firmware is up-to-date.
- Check that Cascable Transfer is up-to-date.
Disabling Image Resizing On Your Camera
By default, Fujifilm cameras will resize all of your photos down to 3 megapixels before they’re copied over WiFi. For best results with Cascable Transfer, we recommend that this setting be disabled.
- To disable this setting, on your camera push MENU and navigate to SET-UP, and choose CONNECTION SETTING.
- Next choose WIRELESS SETTINGS and change the RESIZE IMAGE FOR SMARTPHONE setting to OFF.
If Connection Attempts Fail
If you’ve used your Fujifilm camera over WiFi using other apps, connection attempts from Cascable can be rejected. To solve this, when enabling WiFi on your camera press the OK - CHANGE button to set up a new pairing. Relaunch Cascable Transfer, and the connection should then succeed.
Connecting Cascable Transfer to Your Wi-Fi-Enabled Camera
- Press the Menu button on your camera and navigate to SHOOTING MENU section.
- In the SHOOTING MENU section, navigate to WIRELESS COMMUNICATION and press the OK button.
Note: Many Fujifilm cameras have a dedicated WiFi button, or will allow you to configure a function button to enable WiFi. Consult your camera’s manual for more information.
- On your Mac, click the Wi-Fi indicator in the menu bar.
- Connect to the Wi-Fi network and enter the password that’s displayed on your camera’s screen.
- Launch Cascable Transfer on your Mac, it should automatically detect and connect to your camera.
If you’re struggling to get Cascable Transfer connected to your camera, check out our troubleshooting guide.