Cascable Transfer for Mac Version History
This page contains full release notes for Cascable Transfer updates over time.
Released January 9th, 2021
- Fixed a bug that caused connection failures to the Nikon D3200.
Released November 23rd, 2020
- Fixed a bug that could cause some cameras to never finish the connection process.
Released November 19th, 2020
Added native support for Apple silicon.
Added support for macOS Big Sur.
Added support for the Canon EOS R5 and R6 cameras.
- Fixed a bug that could cause USB-connected cameras to not be detected correctly.
Released October 20th, 2020
- Fixed a bug that could cause newer versions of Capture One Pro 20 to not be detected.
Released August 10th, 2020
Added support for the newest Fujifilm cameras (including the X-T4 and X100V).
Added support for the Canon SL3/250D.
Added support for the Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark III and E-M10 Mark IV.
Released April 16th, 2020
Added support for copying photos from cameras connected to your Mac via USB.
Added support for Capture One Pro 20.
Released October 15th, 2019
When copying to Lightroom Classic, you can now choose a destination folder not listed in the Lightroom catalog’s “Folders” panel.
You can now choose to skip duplicate images when copying to a Photos library, to a Capture One catalog, or with Retrobatch.
Added support for the Canon EOS 90D and EOS M6 Mark II.
- Fixed a problem that would cause low resolution previews of CR3 files from certain Canon cameras, including the EOS RP.
Released August 29th, 2019
Important: As of this version, Cascable Transfer is now on the Mac App Store! This has important ramifications for existing users — see our blog post on the move for more details.
- Now supports copying into Capture One Pro 12.1 or higher.
- Now supports copying with Retrobatch — flexible, super charged, batch image processing for your Mac.
- Added Dark Mode support on Mac OS Mojave or higher.
- Cascable Transfer is now sandboxed, and fully compatible with the increased security in Mac OS Mojave and higher.
- Added support for many new cameras, including the Canon PowerShot and Nikon Z range. See the camera compatibility page for more details on camera compatibility.
- Cascable Transfer now supports newer versions of Lightroom Classic, including Lightroom Classic CC 8.
- Cascable Transfer will now show supported apps that aren’t installed, allowing you to find out more information about them.
- Fixed a problem that could cause Cascable Transfer’s communication with Lightroom to be unreliable.
- Many other minor bug fixes and reliability improvements.
Released September 20th, 2017
Fixed a crash on startup on Mac OS 10.13 High Sierra.
- Verified compatibility with new cameras from our supported manufacturers:
- Canon EOS M100
- Fujifilm X-E3, X-A3, X-A10
- Olympus OM-D E-M10 III, TG-4, TG-5
- Sony a9
- The usual sprinkling of minor bug fixes.
Released August 15th, 2017
- Cascable Transfer 2.0 adds support for nearly 50 cameras from Fujifilm and Panasonic, on top of the Canon, Nikon, Olympus, and Sony models already supported. For more information, see the Camera Compatibility page.
Released February 23rd, 2017
- Adds support for the Canon EOS 5D Mark III + WFT-E7.
Released December 22nd, 2016
Adds support for the Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II.
Fixes an issue that could cause very high CPU usage while copying.
Fixes a crash that could occur if Cascable Transfer was unable to retreive the thumbnail image for a photo.
Improves the reliability of communication with Lightroom when setting up a copy to your Lightroom catalog.
Fixes some minor UI problems.
Released December 15th, 2016
You can now connect to your Sony or Olympus camera by scanning the QR code displayed on the camera’s display.
When Cascable Transfer encounters a file in the location it’s attempting to copy a photo, the conflict resolution dialog box now shows thumbnails of the photo on the camera and of the photo on disk, and a Show in Finder button.
Cascable Transfer now includes an extensive help book, which can be found in the Help menu or by clicking the help buttons in various places in the app.
Copy progress is now shown in Cascable Transfer’s Dock icon.
Cascable Transfer now remembers which copy destination was selected between copies.
Copied photos will have their date created and date modified time set to the date and time the photo was taken rather than the date and time it was copied.
Cascable Transfer will no longer trigger the high-performance GPU on MacBook Pro computers.
When importing RAW+JPEG pairs into Photos, they are now stacked correctly in your Photos library.
Cascable Transfer no longer shows missing folders referenced by Lightroom catalogs.
Version 1.0 Public Beta
Released November 24th, 2016
First public beta release.